Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Please take time to carefully read the terms stated herein, as amended from time to time, (the “Terms” as they will govern the relationship between us regarding your use of the mobile application Millijoin (the “App” and any services we provide in connection therewith. We who operate the App are Millijoin AB (“we”, “us” or “ours” a company incorporated under the laws of Sweden with reg. no. 559069-3593.
- Through the App, we provide Millijoin Messenger – a social messenger app that aims to improve accountability, transparency, and safety through communication. We use our App to provide a space for the creation of groups, chatting and facilitating clear lines of communication to improve safety and wellness in all aspects of life. When creating an account, signing up to use, or by using, the App you confirm to have read, understood and to be bound by these Terms (hence the importance of reading them first).
- When you download the App, you will, free of charge, receive a right to use the App in accordance with these Terms. The right of use is non-exclusive, which means that the right to use the App will also be provided to other users than yourself (otherwise you would be rather lonely in our community). The right of use is also non-transferable (including no right to sub-licensing), which means that you may not, without our permission, transfer your right of use to another person or entity. The right of use is lastly revocable, which means that we at any time and for any reason may revoke your right to use the App (however we hope that this will not be the case). No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the rights expressly granted to you herein.
- We reserve ourselves the right to, at any time, update, change, modify or withdraw the App and/or the Services in part or in whole, without any liability whatsoever.
- The Millijoin App is not available to persons under the age of 13. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 (or between 13 and the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction of residence), you may only use the Millijoin’s Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service.
2. USE OF THE APP
- To be able to use the Service, you must create a user account. You undertake to state correct and complete information when registering the user
- It is essential for us that the App is used for lawful and appropriate purposes only. With appropriate purposes, we mean that you must use the App only as a means of lawful communication. To put it bluntly: any other use is strictly forbidden and will lead to suspension.
- Therefore, when signing up to use the App, you guarantee that you will not use the App for any illegal or inappropriate purposes. This includes, for example, transmitting any illegal or inappropriate material or using the App in a way that could cause us or any other user of the App harm, constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any laws or these Terms.
- We cannot, and do not, assume any responsibility for users posting or transmitting such material or in any other way using the App in an illegal, unlawful or inappropriate manner. We reserve ourselves the discretionary right to limit or suspend your use of the App at any time if we assume that your use of the App is not in accordance with these Terms or if your use of the App risk causing us or any other user harm.
- You are responsible for any unauthorized use of the App under your user account. It is therefore vital that you protect any password and other login information with utmost care and make sure that such information is not shared with third parties.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate a user account at our sole discretion. A user may cancel his/her user account at any time, without prior notice.
3. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Firstly - although we do our best to provide you with an error free and well-functioning App, the App is, to the extent that is allowed under law, provided “as is” and “as available”. We do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. We specifically do not warrant that the App will (i) meet your requirements or expectations; (ii) be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis; or (iii) minimize the violence and unrest in our society or your neighbourhood (although that is what we hope).
- Secondly – although we at all times do our best to supply you with up to date and correct information we do not warrant the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, truthfulness, or completeness of any information obtained through the App.
- Thirdly – you are under no obligation to use the App. Your use of the App is therefore solely at your own risk and account. By using the App, to the extent allowed under law, you waive all rights to claim damages as result of your use of the App or any failure by us to provide the App in a satisfying manner.
- Lastly – The foregoing exclusions and disclaimers are an essential part of these Terms and formed a basis enabling the Company to offer the Service, the App and the Website to you. The laws of certain jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of certain warranties and/or damages. If those laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers may not apply to you in full and you may have additional rights.
- You may upload, post and distribute content through the Service. You will at all times remain responsible for content that is uploaded, posted or distributed under your user account.
- By uploading content to the Service, you warrant that you are entitled to upload and distribute the content and that your uploading/distributing does not violate applicable law or any third party rights.
- If you distribute content which we, in our sole discretion find indecent, abusive or offensive, we may delete such content and terminate your account without further notice.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We own the App. Hence, any information, software, data or other materials developed or provided by us or our licensors used by us to provide the App to you, including all intellectual property rights such as, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks or trade names therein shall remain the sole and exclusive property of us or our licensors.
- Unless we have given our prior explicit consent thereto, you agree to not to sell, license, rent, sublicense, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display or perform, publish, adapt, edit, disassemble, decompile or create derivative works of the App. To put it in other words, just make sure you use the App in the way it is supposed to be used and in that way only.
- The App has features for uploading personal content. We claim no ownership or copyright of the content you provide in the App. You are solely responsible for the personal content you upload or otherwise provide in the App, which include the responsibility to ensure that such personal content neither violates any laws or infringes on any third party rights, nor is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate.
- The Service, the App and the Website may contain content provided by a third party. Such content may be protected by copyright, trademark or another right covered by law. You agree to abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any such content you access.
6. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- You understand and acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the Service or the downloaded App or when accessing the Website on your mobile device. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the mobile application and you accept responsibility for any such charges.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You agree that we and our affiliates, to the maximum extent permitted by law, will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages resulting from (i) the use or inability to use the App; (ii) any hacking, tampering or unauthorized access or use of the App; (iii) statements or conduct of anyone in connection with the use of the App (such as unlawful or inappropriate behavior by another user); or (iv) any other matter relating to the App.
8. CHANGES AND TERMINATION
- The Company may, from time to time, update (including modifications and/or additions) these Terms. Unless otherwise required by law, we will give you 30 days’ notice of amendments and/or additions to the Terms. Changes shall become effective upon the earlier of (i) your acceptance of the updated Terms or (ii) 30 days after we have provided notice of the planned changes in which case your continued use of the App following the notice period is considered an acceptance of the changed Terms. Please note that we may not be able to give you notice in accordance with the foregoing in case of changes to the Terms that are required by law or technical reasons, in which case the changes shall become effective immediately.
- These Terms apply until terminated. You may at any time terminate these Terms by deleting your user account.
- The Company reserves the right to, without prior notice and with immediate effect, at any time and without any reason, modify, limit, suspend or terminate your use of the Service, the App and/or the Website.
- Notwithstanding anything in the above Sections 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 of these Terms will survive termination.
- We are free to assign and transfer any and all of our rights and obligations under the Terms to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities or new owner. These Terms shall continue to apply to your use of the App and your relationship with such third party.
- As you agree to only use the App for lawful and appropriate purposes and in accordance with these Terms, you also agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, assignees, officers, employees and agents harmless from all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, that are caused or can be related to your (i) use or misuse of the App, (ii) violation of these Terms and/or applicable laws (iii) any misrepresentation made by you or (iv) your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES
- These Terms and your use of the App shall be governed by the laws of Sweden. Although unlikely, if we for any reason find ourselves to be in disputes with each other, any such dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or your use of the App shall be settled by the public courts of Sweden, with Stockholm District Court as first instance.
Last updated February 04, 2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Millijoin AB (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data.
We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected through our Apps
We may collect information regarding your mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Mobile Device Access.
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s contacts, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data.
We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process.
If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To enable user-to-user communications.
We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests:
We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract:
Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations:
We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests:
We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situation:
- Business Transfers.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
7. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Fredrik Simón, by email at email@example.com, or by post to:
Fack 10, Norrsken House
Birger Jarlsgatan 57C
Stockholm, 113 56